Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hello

I'm checking in. I know I haven't given you details of my goings and comings and I am sorry. My goings and comings are just that, going to work and coming home from work. My day usually starts about 5:40, or at least that's when the alarm goes off. I try to get up and get moving. Usually by Thursday I am hitting the snooze button for ten or twenty extra minutes. I try to fix my lunch, fix some tea and a bagel for the ride and hit the road by seven. Give or take fifteen minutes. Traffic is always slow, usually takes an hour fifteen minutes to get there, sometimes more. Wehen I get there, I have to lug my bag to the elevator and go up to the third floor. My room, which I have been trying to decide how I am going to decorate, is usually locked and I have to fumble with the keys until I get the right one. The staff is nice. They are all very supportive and are happy I have decided to work with them. The children are another story. They are mad they have a new teacher in the middle of the school year, they are also confused because their old teacher is still in the building, he got a promotion, so they want to see him and he doesn't really have time for them. I  have the worst seventh grade class in the school. I have been told this by the dean and the other teachers. There are about five or six real trouble makers and they challenge me everyday. The rest are just constantly talking. They have little respect for most teachers and I am no exception. We connect more each day, its a process. I am preparing them for a presentation for black history month next Thurs. Not all of them are hard to handle, but they all have their problems, just different ones. The staff has given me presents every day. They had a secret pal for Feb. and those who joined, received three or four gifts leading up to the big gift that was exchanged today. We had a half a day for the students. The staff had a lunch and then a meeting. ISAT is the big thing now. I'm now teaching sixth and eight grade math for ISAT testing. I have my seventh graders for the science portion. I havent quit at my other job yet but I will tomorrow. I have to give them four weeks notice. They were adjusting my schedule, but it just doesnt help. I am exhausted and I am tired of being tired.

I have to stop now because I still have papers to grade and update my lesson plan. I will try to get to bed by midnight. I hope this gives you an idea of my hectic life right now.You are never far from my thoughtsand just knowing that you miss me and would like to know more encourages me to write. Thank You.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive