Saturday, February 19, 2005

Getting Priorities Straight

I am praying that God will help me get my priorities straight.

I have too many irons in the fire. I am so tired today. Of course I had to work this morning after a vrey exhaustive week.

Yesterday was so terrible. The children were absolutely awful to me and the constant cursing me out and negative behavior  just took its toll after a week.

As soon as I got home, we left to me my friends for dinner. My daughter and my mother also went with me, my friend and her husband. He's a chef and he gets an expense account every month as a promotion. They invite different people each month to the restaurant and this month it was my family. We really enjoyed ourselves and I needed something good to happen to me that day.

I think part of my problem is that I still have a substitute attitude and they know it. I haven't taken ownership of my class. I still act as if I am temporary. It's mine now and I need to take ownership. I need to act like its mine and embrace them more. Not hug  and stuff, Just beging to let them know that I'm there, I'm not leaving. The good ones ask every day, are you coming back? Did the scare you away? I tell them everyday, I'll be back, I'm in this for the long haul. I have to start acting like its mine. Put my signature on the room. Decorate it in my style. Incorporate my teaching styles in the lessons and not just try to do what someone else was doing. Being pulled in in the middle of the school year doesnt help either.  

This makes me think of you too.  I need to stop whatever I'm doing that's indicting to me that I am temporary. I need to take ownership.

I saw Hotel Rwanda today. Finally. I truly believe its a love story. You have to stick together, you have to believe in one another. It's so important. Believing in each other is so important. Knowing that you are important to me and I need you to survive. I need to know that you care when I haven't written. I need to know that you care if  you don't see me when you are suppose to see me. I need to know that I matter in your life and that I'm not disposable. I believe in God and I believe he would not bring me this far to leave me. I have not, and will not give up on God's Plan for my life.

The family that prays together stays together, and we are family. I didn't get my glasses. I gave the money to my daughter so she could get her books for school. I'll get glasses next month.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive