Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Assurance

Lamentations 3:1-9
I am the man who has seen affliction 
 by the rod of the Lord’s wrath. 
 He has driven me away and made me walk 
 in darkness rather than light; 
 indeed, he has turned his hand against me 
 again and again, all day long.

He has made my skin and my flesh grow old

and has broken my bones. 
 He has besieged me and surrounded me 
 with bitterness and hardship. 
 He has made me dwell in darkness 
 like those long dead.

He has walled me in so I cannot escape; 
 he has weighed me down with chains. 
 Even when I call out or cry for help, 
 he shuts out my prayer 
He has barred my way with blocks of stone; 
 he has made my paths crooked 

Dear Lord, thank you for today. You woke me this morning so I have more to do. I depend on you to know me better than I know myself. I am trying to depend on you and not miss what life is about. I don't want the worry and failure. I want it to be peaceful in the midst of my storm. Let the natural occurrences just happen. Let us have a successful and uneventful first day. I begin this day with a joyful expectation. You are with me and I pray that you cover our walk with the blood of Jesus. Don't forget me, yet I know you won't because you Know all and you see all. When I am reminded of that, I feel a calm, because I know you are there. I pray that you haven't given up on me. I want more. I desire more. This is an intimate adventure that I can not give up on. Be blessed today, and remember to be a blessing to someone special. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive