Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday

Ecclesiastes 9:11-12

The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

12 Moreover, no one knows when their hour will come:

As fish are caught in a cruel net,
or birds are taken in a snare,
so people are trapped by evil times
that fall unexpectedly upon them.


Thank you Lord for today. I take my rest in you Lord. Your glory is what I seek. When I woke yesterday, I had a lot on my mind. My fears were alleviated. Today I have to go and talk to the doctors about skilled nursing placement for my dad. Yesterday I was scared and alone. I didn't want to do it by myself. I wanted to ask you to be there with me today. Whether you could or not at least I was going to ask. I know how busy you are. I hope you decided on a vacation this year. You don't want to push your body too much. So today I'll go alone, since no one else in my family will come with me, for the "family" meeting. I know that the level of care is greater than we can do at home. He will be around people who can meet his needs much better than we can. His attitude is such that he has stopped talking to everyone. Refusing physical therapy. What more can I do. I'm not here, my mother can't do it, she's 80, so I am informing them that he cannt return home and must transition to a nursing facility. There, just say it and get it out. Take Care of yourself, heed the doctor's warning. Have a blessed day. I love you.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive