Friday, July 24, 2015

New Day


Psalm 35:1-31 
Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
Take up shield and armor;
arise and come to my aid.
Brandish spear and javelin
against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
“I am your salvation.”

Dear God each and every day remember me and my loved ones. Prayers and hope constantly go out for us to keep the faith. This fight is not ours, it truly is the Lord's fight. We do our part by being constantly in society's face about injustices. What we can do, we do. Never be silent about the right thing to do. If Donald  Trump can get so much attention by making himself sound like a champion for idiots, what does that say for the ruling society that has the money. He's just saying what the people want to hear. Blasting any and everybody. It's good that he can split the Republican voting population. The politicians have lost their focus. Every last one of them running for president are millionaires who are out of touch with the reality of society. How can they not see that some type of economic help has to accompany the choices for our youth and their families. Please see that most people are one paycheck away from the poverty lines. I think they truly don't care. It's all about what I can do for me and if I don't have to deal with the problems of society in my world then I will turn a blind eye. I'll think about Christmas in July and some other irrelevant thing so I don't have to deal with the truth. The truth is too ugly and painful, plus I might find out I'm to blame, and God forbid I should do something about it. Institutional Neglect. It's more than just the racism it's the classism that's really hurting our country. Financial disparity. The haves and the have nots. How much to give, how much is enough, how much is too much, and what are they going to do with what I give them? Fear that we will mess it up, waste it or better yet, actually do better and then become competive in the playing field. Enough. How do we get out of the barrel and not kill each other in the process. Where is our humanity for each other? Love one another as we love ourselves. If we love God then we can love others. Let's Find some love within our lives. Find a way to care for others. Not just a few people caring, but a whole lot of people, especially the ones with the serious money caring and helping the ones without. If the blacks with serious money were able to get together and plan sound financial strategies then they could make a huge difference. We can work together to save ourselves but it's always a struggle that gets more talk and less action, a little bit here and a little bit there, never enough to really make a true difference. I believe we can do it. I believe you have been a voice of injustice in our society and will continue to be for a very long time. You spark the consciousness of the people to act and react to injustice. You keep it on the front burners not the back burners. That's why people will stand with you. You are not a fair weather friend. You stay the course, through thick or thin, you chose not to give up or waiver in your faith. God is with you on this challenging journey. You could have walked away many times but you didn't. You could have made it easy, but you didn't. You could have backed down, but you didn't. Many choices you made in life always seem to relate to the hard road and not the easy road. Persistence is your middle name. You have found success with that strategy even though it wasn't easy. Look at your accomplishments for your parish. You have turned a dying community into a blossoming industry. Struggles constantly come, but you are still there and so is a thriving community that probably wouldn't be without you. You are special, loved, needed and just my own personal hero, I'll follow you anywhere. Keep the Faith Baby, it may not get easier, but know that you are not alone on the journey. I love you. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive