Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Life, New Lifestyle


Colossians 3:11-16

Colossians 3:12-17

New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.



Lord I just want to thank you for today. You have been very good to me. I am forever trying to ask God for help in the areas where I am weak. Areas where I fall short in this marathon race we are in. Let me continue to be in the race. Help me to get rid of the emotions and mindset that keep me lagging behind. Help me to do what needs to be done. Help me to forgive myself and others. Move me forward to that place where I need to be. As a marathon runner looks for the next station only, move me to my next station. Help me to run the race. Help me to forgive myself for all of my mistakes. I could have been happy if I had just made it to the next station. I don't give up on this race and I am forever putting one foot in front of the other. I keep moving forward. I can't go back to correct a situation. How I wish I could sometimes. What would I give to have a chance to say yes on that Sunday afternoon long ago. Why do those memories seem to be so prevalent now? Let's move to the present and be thankful for what we have. Today I will sing praises to God and be thankful and grateful for what I have and where I am. I will forgive myself for my mistakes. I love the Lord and the Lord loves me. Today is a good day. I love you.
 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive