Thursday, October 31, 2013

Listening to God

 

2 Corinthians 6:14-16

New International Version (NIV)

Warning Against Idolatry

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”[

2 Corinthians 7:2-4

New International Version (NIV)

Paul’s Joy Over the Church’s Repentance

Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one. I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such a place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. I have spoken to you with great frankness; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.
 
 
Dear God, thank you for listening to me. I promise I will listen to you today. I will still my heart. I will seek the  Holy Spirit  in my heart and mind. I will make time to listen and talk to My Lord. Thank you Lord for another opportunity to do your will.  I will listen to you Lord. As long as I still have breath in my body, there is room for improvement. I hear you Lord. It  was a tender moment to see the Pope and the little boy showing reverence and wonder. Thank you God for those small moments. Let me listen to my heart and soul to reach out to you. My loss is not reacting sooner. Today Lord, let us have some small moments. We  are in need of some "godly sorrow" today. We are participating in a school wide, all day, Halloween event. Lord, keep me sane. Lets keep the celebration on the positive and not the negative. We can have a Christian fellowship event. The rain will keep us inside and together. All candy is for the afternoon so they can have a burst of energy before going home. Then there's the children in the neighborhood who are going out for a soggy trick or treat. I have to give them something. I have candy. Today will be a good day. God is in it. I pray that you are getting the rest and peace that you need. Do not let this time be counterproductive. Enjoy and Rejuvenate yourself. I love you, have a blessed day today.
 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive