Monday, July 12, 2010

Yearly Maintence

Well Lord, the time has come to overhaul the old body. Yes, it is time to get the annual physical, go to the dentist, eye exam, orthopedic foot/ankle doctor and the ultimate smash your boobs to make a sandwich, mammogram and the ultimate diet plan has been put into effect. Thank God I did the colonoscopy last year. Well, of course, now that the children are gone for a week, I plan on fixing me up. Today I went to  a new dentist. I didn't like the old one anymore and I had avoided finding a new one for much too long. Needless to say she found a ton of cavities. I need to floss more. So I let her begin filling the cavities. I decided to be brave and fore go the Novocaine, she said it would hurt. Who wants to have a numb mouth for six hours if you can avoid it. Well lo and behold that woman drilled and drilled. I made it through though. Then I started to feel the nerves tingle. Oh, hecky no. She had finished, I was fine, I'm out at the store and suddenly everything is hurting but where she drilled. I get home and take three advil. All is well now. I go back on Thurs to continue to help finance her summer vacation. We all have to do our part. None the less I do feel better having that cavity filled.  So there you have it. Over the next three weeks I will be poked, prodded, pulled, drilled, and generally probed for all kinds of stuff. I pray that they find what they need to find and we can fix all that needs fixing. Thank you Lord for the ability to get to the doctor and have my health upgraded. Thank You Lord for health insurance. Thank You for giving me patience to do this tedious task. Why is it so hard to take care of myself? I readily take care of others but find it difficult and tedious to take care of myself. But take care I must. I have a list of things to do this week and I pray I get through 80% of it.  Be Blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I love you and pray for you daily.

Ezekiel 37

The Valley of Dry Bones
 1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones.   2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."
 4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath [a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive