Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Tale of Two Choices

Sing a new song. Glory to the Lamb.
Revelation 14-15
I keep in my mind a new song. God is doing something new.

As I struggle to live in this world that has seemed to gone crazy with its laws that are not for the safety of the people I have to wonder if we make a difference? I know that God is real. His commandments are real. Are we able to follow them? We have had only one truly and completely free of sin, Jesus?

I pray that we see a difference for those who love and worship God and those who live their live in rebellion against God's love. I know that some of those who think they are doing right are not. They believe they are loving God and they are not. I judge no one, it is not for me to be their judge, but God will judge them and I wonder, will there be a difference between them and me? I believe the choices I make will have an impact on God's judgment of me.

We have two choices, do the right thing or the wrong thing. We try to do what is right, and sometimes fail. We see others who don't try to do right and they seem to succeed. They come out better than us and we cheer them on knowing that it isn't right. We live knowing that the old saying "you reap what you sow" is our only recourse. What comes around goes around. We pledge to do better and maybe, some of the reward will come our way.

God is good all the time and all the time God is good. We don't hate the others for having,  we would just like to have a piece of the pie for ourselves too. Is that too much to ask for? Should we not want more? Are we left  to be content with whatever comes our way. Be happy and content with what you have and where you are in your life. I believe we have to find some solace in the present otherwise we drive ourselves crazy and depressed always wanting what we dont have. Never being happy and content.

We must find contentment with what we do have. So we remember where we have been. What God has brought us out of. How we were worse off 5 years ago. 10 years ago. How we are further along than we realize and before you know it we are rejoicing again because of God's goodness in our lives. How he brought us through many hardships that we cried about then but now we can rejoice so I say rejoice, rejoice, rejoice. Sing a new song. Glory to the Lamb. Glory to the Lord. Thank You God for bringing me this far and I will praise you all the days of my life if you never do another thing for me. Thank You Lord. I love you. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone special.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive