Monday, June 7, 2010

Faith

Establishing a heart relationship rather than a ritual one is so much more rewarding. When it is from the heart, when it is true and done with faith and love it has so much more meaning. Sincerity and honesty. I am thrilled that others are blessed daily. Daily I pray for our entire church family to be blessed in whatever way is important to them individually. I search my heart when I am feeling slighted or when I think I have given in to jealousy or immature behavior. I am not perfect and I know it. I have so many flaws its ridiculous. Why someone would want to be bothered, I do not know. But I'm still a lot better than some, I may not be where I want to be, but I am a heck of a lot better than what I was. I would love to be the bigger person in all areas of my life, to be able to stay positive all of the time. To always hope beyond hope. To always have faith and always keep doubt out of my mind and my actions. To stay totally and continuously devoted to believing that its not just some ritual believing that God's Promise will come true in my life, but to know that it is coming true in my life and that everyday is depositing faith and love into that promise. Believing against all doubt and despair that there's room for my blessing. Removing the inner turmoil and replacing it with calm assurance that my blessing is for me and it will come to pass, in its own time, not my time. I'm happy that someone is engaged with a huge rock. I love it when I see older and younger women of color finding a man who is not afraid to make a public, life long commitment. Thank God for men who are willing to make that commitment. My girls just went to a wedding this weekend of my daughter's boyfriend's brother. We need more couples ready to make a covenant agreement with their partners. I want to not just serve God outwardly by going through the motions, the expectations, or the duties involved with my relationship with God,  I want God to know that it comes from my heart and that I am committed because I want to do it, not because I have to do it. Be blessed tonight and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive