Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lessons Learned

 

Mark 7:6-8

New International Version (NIV)
He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’[a]
You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”
 
 
Father God I am here another day. Thank You for that. I am blessed and give you all the praise and glory for everything in my life. I know that you are teaching me a lesson and that I can only learn it through hardship. Lord I do not want to substitute traditions for true obedience. I pray that I do not have unrealistic expectations on myself. Are there aspects of my spiritual and physical devotion that I feel bound to out of tradition? Break every hold on me that is not of you Lord. I want to focus on you Lord. Am I practicing rituals that are not what please you? I lift my hands to you Lord. I worship and praise you Lord.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive