Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Friday, Dcember 10, 2004

I don't know what happened to me that day but I know that reading my own blog has blessed me.

I read a comment from someone, the first ever comment to this blog, and I was blessed by it so I decided to look at the post that I had published that had blessed someone and see if I could get some insight.

I did. God had been directing me to forgiveness today. I thought it was because I had fought with my daughter yesterday, but it was more.

When I read the post, I found out that I was also talking about forgiveness of my enemies. God forbid I forgive some of the enemies of me personally and my people in general.

Forgive the KKK who hung blacks for being disrespectful to their superior thinking, The Confederate who massacred, ambushed, murdered my direct ancestors. The ones who are causing harm around the world. Forgive the establishment that allows me to hate my own at times for their treatment of me. It has always been a black face to commit a crime against me and my family. It has bee a white established racial system that has kept us financially struggling. It was a black person that put a knife to my throat when I was 8 years old. It was a black person that threw a brick and hit my brother in the head when he was 6 years old,  resulting in some kind of brain damage that just puts him in the outer limits of normal. He is a very smart man, just something isnt quite right anymore. It was a black person that stole from my classroom repeatedly and daily. Even now the fact that the people I love have done me wrong, my own people, I love them. It is unfortunate to love those that continue to hurt you. While I continue to develop relationships with white that have lasted for years and years. Decades, and decades. But for me it stopped being black and white and became geographical location, culture, emotions, individual. You can't group everyone together. There are criminals and white collar crimes galore unfortunately.

So I say that all to say I am blessed today. I want you to be blessed too.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive