Monday, August 16, 2010

Women

I think one of the things that has cost you in following Jesus is your relationship with women. Discipleship cost, and you have paid a big price for yours. David and Moses had strained family relationships but were great leaders and followers of God Almighty. You have struggled with that relationship and how to define your role and a woman's role in your life. You have been a part of an organization that is designed to belittle and disenfranchise women. Women to this day have no real power or authority in the church. Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating women priest, or anything like that. I am not taking on the role of the advocate for women. What I am doing is acknowledging that women have a very limited role in your life and for a long time that was and still is the way you are taught. All aspects of women are portrayed as either seductive temptresses who lead men to do evil things, or they are loose women who give their bodies to men by the droves, thus deserving of the term whore and anything else that comes with that title. If they receive any respect or recognition then they are old and elderly. Usually widowed or single, having some huge tragedy befall them. If I am to be encouraged that you have come to terms with your teachings about women, then why do I feel as if my needs are belittled with you? Are you really ready to let me just walk away? Do you think I am wrong and unreasonable? I just don't understand you? What about all the talk of marriage is for life. You will stick with it no matter what. How are you just going to let me get upset and not say or do anything? I don't think you have come to terms with your true feelings about and for women. But still we are some very lovable people and worth the time and energy you have to put into us. We make you mad and sometimes you think we are crazy, but there are many happy couples who would not trade their relationship for anything. Its worth the agony. You just cannot walk away from everything that is difficult.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive