Friday, March 12, 2010

Overcoming Adversity

Father God I come to you humble. I am challenged in every area of my life and I continue to struggle. Thank You Lord for waking me up and giving me another opportunity to get it right. Your word is a lamp unto my feet. I come back to it time and time again. When things look bad, go to the word. When the situation looks hopeless, go to the word. Go to the word before trying all else. Gird yourself up in the word. Allow it to be the shield and sword of your daily life. Even if it doesn't look like anything is changing, rely on the word. Trust in the word. Father God when it seems as if the word has failed, as if it promises one thing and delivers another, we must believe that the word never fails. God is the word and the word was God. God knows my beginning and my end. God will convince and God will convict. I stand only to obey God's authority. God is my conscience to make good choices. No matter what the situation looks like, God is in it and knows the whole side of the story. God knows my heart and loves me. The choices we make help define us with our loved ones. The people we love are the ones we let into our hearts. The ones we are able and willing to share our lives with. The ones who lives we affect. It makes a difference when we are there. God Bless you today. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. I will always love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive