Thursday, February 12, 2009

Calming The Storm

Luke 8:22-25

22(A) One day he got into a boat with his disciples, and he said to them, "Let us go across to the other side of(B) the lake." So they set out, 23and as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on(C) the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. 24And they went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And he awoke and(D) rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased,(E) and there was a calm. 25He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they(F) were afraid, and they(G) marveled, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that(H) he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?"

Mark 4:36-41
36And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. 37And a great windstorm arose, and the waves(A) were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, "Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?" 39And he awoke and(B) rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and(C) there was a great calm. 40He said to them, "Why are you(D) so afraid? Have you still no faith?" 41And they were filled with great fear and said to one another,(E) "Who then is this, that even(F) the wind and the sea obey him?"


John 6:16-21
16When evening came, his disciples went down to the sea, 17got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. 18The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. 19When they had rowed about three or four miles,[a] they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were frightened. 20(A) But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." 21Then they were glad to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going.

What does it all mean? Put the word first? Put our faith first in any problem?
Good thing I am still here and sane for the most part.
Today I was tested to the utmost.
I have a huge pet peeve. I cant stand mice. We seem to have the ability to occassionally have a field mouse come into the garage and into the house every winter. Well we had one this winter. I know if you see one there are more. I saw this one on a couple of occassions and each time I just totally freaked. I would pray continually on the elliptical and in the shower and just where ever I was that God would get rid of the mouse. We begin to smell one dead in the garage but the other one was upstairs in the bedrooms. So I put towels at the bottom of my door because I saw it come under a door once. Today there was a dead mouse at the door of my bedroom. I freaked. I cant deal with mice. I am like the guy in CaddyShack with the gopher. I dont like Mickey Mouse. I am not going to be kind or friendly because its a creature of God. I say kill it and kill them all. I will not ever protect or save a mouse. I believe I stopped it from its regular route and it just freaked too. My brother removed it and now I am on the quest to get the rest. I will not rest until they are all gone. I have had professionals in before because this is a huge problem for me. But now, I am calm. I can rest because the annoying mouse is dead. The mouse is dead.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive