Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Love - Conditional or Unconditional


Song of Solomon 1:1-4

This is the greatest song Solomon ever wrote.
A Shulammite woman says to King Solomon,
“I long for your lips to kiss me!
    Your love makes me happier than wine does.
The lotion you have on pleases me.
    Your name is like perfume that is poured out.
    No wonder the young women love you!
Take me away with you. Let us hurry!
    King Solomon, bring me into your palace.”

Thank You Lord for today. Your blessings are all around me. I pray for my ability to accept love given unconditionally. Lord, you love us just as we are. Your love is not conditional. If you were a friend, it might be because of loyalty or respect. If I consider the sort of love rewarded for good behavior or because its funny or pretty then I can understand that love. But unconditional, just because it is me, that doesn't make any sense. My heart longs for you. My love is forever present. Lord, you Love me  better than I love myself. Thank you for loving me Lord. I am blessed and highly favored. I will not complain. Even when I feel that I am wronged, I will not complain. Lord, you said you would fight my battles. Protect me as a husband protects his wife. Love me as a husband loves his wife. God knows my heart. I am loyal to the end. Nothing can separate me from God's love. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I Love You.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive