Friday, August 31, 2012

My Prayer

Colossians 1:9-14

New International Version (NIV)
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[a] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[b] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.




My prayer to you Lord is that I do better. I want my man. I believe we are both willing to walk this path together. He fears that I am not prepared for the scrunity but together we can walk that path. Together I know we can be better. Help me Lord to make that happen. Help me Lord to keep calm. I'm so excited to see him. But I want more. I want him Lord. He is my heart's desire. Without him, I am searching for more and trying to find him. Lord it is he who makes my day better. Today I get to see My Love. I'm excited Lord. I know that next week I will be at a PD on Saturday, so I will miss the Peace Jam. Then there is the the picnic, I have to take the little one to a birthday party, so I will miss that. But Dancing with the PastorI don't want to miss, I wouldn't miss that for anything.

How is it Lord, that we are actually talking about a strike at this time of the year? Its so disrespectful to the President. Its his hometown, he needs the support of the teachers and their families. Its disgusting that they are unable to respect and honor the educational staff and give us a fair contract. All this during an election year. Nothing is solved and the same issues are at the forefront of the discussion. No progress, no compromise. Nothing. How embarrassing for the powers that be.

The convention for the most part has reinforced the survival of the fittest. I am strong, I am powerful and I don't plan on apologizing for that. We tried this caring for everyone and look where it got us.

Please Lord, let our President Dare To Dream. Dare to Believe that the job is not done and he can do the job. Get some confidence. Stop perpetuating this culture of fear. We have shifted. We have improvements. We have successes. We need to act like a winner.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive