Monday, July 11, 2016

Wonderful Sermon

Thank you for such a wonderful, thought provoking sermon. You are a blessing to us all. Whatever the situation, thank God you are there for some insight. I love that you are so thoughtful and respectful. Your actions say, try me, see if my words are not the truth, take me at my word. You keep me grounded with hope and faith. Your heart is in the right place. It's hard to fight for people who do more harm to themselves than to others. It's like having a tiger walk into a room, my son in law gave this comparison. When a place person walks into a room the tension level goes up. It's the same tension as a tiger walking into a room. You can tell us that it won't harm you but your senses are still on high alert. You never quite trust that tiger not to harm you or your family. It can never be seen as anything more than a dangerous animal. Even if a few people are able to maneuver around the tiger without harm, there is still apprehension and limits set on the tiger's freedom and access while around other people. How do we get people to stop seeing us as that tiger, how do we stop acting like that tiger? We can change. Hurting each other can stop. It's  not all but the few are making it so difficult for the many. We can do this. I have to have the faith that it can be done. 
Jonah 1:1-2
The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: Go to the great city of of Ninevah and preach against it, because it's wickedness has come up before me.

When we don't want to do it, but God wants us to do it. Stay strong, keep the faith, we can overcome this obstacle. I will not receive the word and do nothing because of fear. I will thank God for what he is doing in my life. I'm still here to keep trying and so I will, I love you and love your commitment. I still have faith in change happening for all of us. Life can and will get better. I love you, be blessed today and every day.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive