Thursday, March 15, 2012

Getting Motivated

Galatians 6:11-18 New International Reader's Version (NIRV) The Creation of a New Nature  11 Look at the big letters I'm using as I write to you with my own hand!  12 Some people want others to think well of them. They are trying to force you to be circumcised. They do it for only one reason. They don't want to suffer by being connected with the cross of Christ. 13 Even those who are circumcised don't obey the law. But they want you to be circumcised. Then they can brag about what has been done to your body.  14 I never want to brag about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Through that cross the ways of the world have been crucified as far as I am concerned. And I have been crucified as far as the ways of the world are concerned.  15 Circumcision and uncircumcision don't mean anything. What really counts is the creation of a new nature.  16 May peace and mercy be given to all who follow this rule. May peace and mercy be given to the Israel that belongs to God.  17 Finally, let no one cause trouble for me. My body has marks that show I belong to Jesus.  18 Brothers and sisters, may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen When I think about the Lord and all of the things he has done for me I have to say thank you. I know others will try to affect my mood today. But I will stay encouraged. I walk knowing that we are being pressured to perform like others , to look like others and act like others but in the end, we have to stand alone and make our own choices.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive