Sunday, November 2, 2014

My thoughts

Women, I just watched the PBS special, Makers, Women in Business and I think I am feeling a need to voice my opinions to the world, or at least you. Where do I start. I left my beautiful purple outfit at the cleaners.

 I I was totally exhausted from the Halloween day at school. Up and down the stairs. That is a big,huge, old building. We had a parade and went on every floor to show off costumes. Every child had a costume. I had two students who did not participate, but, for the most part everyone, including teachers and some staff wore costumes. All day celebration. I know the children were excited because the weather had indicated it would be windy, cold, snowy, rainy and just plain horrible. 

Then the knee begins to just throb. Driving is the worst. I will not miss the driving. My anticipation with this operation is crazy. December 1, my journey begins. I tried to watch a you tube video of the operation, it was an hour or more and I just made it for maybe five minutes. I think I want to know, but the scar is going to be huge. This is workers comp and CPS is not responding. They paid for the other operation and will pay for this too. I have to get a lawyer involved.
I can't believe I am the first teacher to fall while putting up print support. It's could be a civil suit. That's probably why they aren't responding.
They demand that we put it up, but don't seem to guarantee our safety in high places. These old buildings have high ceilings. You can look at older pictures and see no print support. Things need to be placed responsibly. Enough said on that because I am the one it affects and I may seem like a complainer but it's the truth. I have also been nauseated with the medicine I have been taking. That's not been any fun. 

The classroom is so hot, I open the window and the building engineer is up to my room because he can see the flap moving more or something to do with the boiler, but he won't stop the heat from coming to my room. Turn it off. I am hot in that classroom. I tell him to turn off the heat. Turn the thermostats down. He won't do it. Because I have opened the window,  something flies in my eyes, again, and I have an allergic reaction, again. I am truly allergic to that building. I get allergy shots each week. I will bring in a doctors note. I need the air conditioner on. That is so frustrating having to fight over a comfortable and safe work environment.

 Then, yeah, you are getting it all, one of my fourth graders is sexually assaulted. A boy he is in class with enticed him into the girls bathroom and there was a girl hiding in there who heard the boy say to freak him and freak her. My kid was shocked. Screaming to get out and the boy locked/wouldn't let him pass. Finally he let him out. He told the counselor, the boy does het two days. This involved a six, fifth, and fourth grader. I hate that these children have to fear for their luves in the school. No child should have to live with that betrayal. I think I will get involved with that more. My student is planning on transferring. The boy is back, with a one on one, female, so she has to make sure bathrooms are clear first, before he can go. First of all, somebody did something to him. This six grader has a serious problem. He's a serial predatator. He's done stuff to teachers too.

My memory seems to be going too. Organization is so important to make this a smooth transition for my fourth graders. You only get to go through fourth grade once, you make a connection with the students and they make a connection with you. Father God protect those babies. I got another one, his mother beating him upside the head every chance she gets, it's the slave mentality. Brutality. We have got to stop hitting and hurting our young. When we stop hitting them, they will stop killing each other. I have to tell my child that she has to stop hitting my grandson. You did it, she will say. I tell her, I was wrong. I was beat and I did the only thing I knew to raise a child. Beating our children has to stop. Stop the negative behavior, respect them. Here it is going to be youth Sunday and I don't think I will come. I have nothing to wear. I love you.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive