Monday, October 1, 2012

I Know You Are There Lord


Psalm 69:33

English Standard Version (ESV)
33 For the Lord hears the needy
    and does not despise his own people who are prisoners.

Psalm 107:10-14

English Standard Version (ESV)
10 Some sat in darkness and in the shadow of death,
    prisoners in affliction and in irons,
11 for they had rebelled against the words of God,
    and spurned the counsel of the Most High.
12 So he bowed their hearts down with hard labor;
    they fell down, with none to help.
13 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
    and he delivered them from their distress.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
    and burst their bonds apart.
Lord God Almighty as I sit here thinking over my career and I have to write about my college and certificates I wonder why the people we look to for support and guidance are deceiving us. This billionaire received government assistance while in college. Doesn't that make him part of the people who think they are entitled to something? 

Why shouldn't people think that their government will help them and make sure that they are educated and well cared for both physically and mentally? We pay taxes and believe we are building a better country. We know it takes time. You can't fix a mess over night or in less than four years. The problems are huge and they will require an extended amount of time. We seem to be on the tracks to a better future. I pray that we are. We are only believing the words that are told to us. We want to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, at least a glimmer of something better. Lord I don't know what i want to do, so I will ask you to guide me to my next assignment, whatever it is, I will accept it and be happy and grateful. My life is yours Lord, do with it what you will. I am yours. Your will be done in my life. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive