Thursday, July 7, 2011

Redemption and Truth

Romans 4:14-18
14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[a] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
 18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[b]

 Revive me Lord. I have lost sight of many things. I am adrift, down a road that has familiar and unfamiliar turns. Truth is what I continually try to express here. I pray for continued belief in the faith of God. When I waver, when I feel unsure, when I don't feel close to God, I pray for stronger faith. I pray that my spiritual journey continues to lead me to God.  Justice and grace are about God. We are justified by faith.  Do I make mistakes intentionally? Am I full of it? Am I going crazy? I have to ask myself these questions to try and keep my sanity. I want calm and balance. God requires faith and hope to be stable companions with me. I know and believe that there are many reasons for renewed reason to hope and be encouraged. I just have to believe and know that my God shall supply all of my needs and I must be secure in that belief. Come what may I am believing there is good in the world for me and I will seek it out. I continue my routines. I try to stay focused. I take care to not be irresponsible at home, work, church. I take care. I try.  I am redeemed from slavery by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. How do I respond emotionally and spiritually? I speak joy over my life. I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. Confusion, despair, depression and discouragement will not follow me. I choose to do things differently.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive