Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hope for the Hopeless

 

 

 

Psalm 34:17-20

English Standard Version (ESV)
17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears
and delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
20 He keeps all his bones;
not one of them is broken.

Jeremiah 29:11

English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Philippians 4:6-7

English Standard Version (ESV)
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13

English Standard Version (ESV)
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

 
 
Father God this has been a challenging summer. I have seen some good things and some bad. Its wonderful when you have a strong man with your annointing leading a neighborhood out of despair. Teaching children to love one another and care for each other. To see each others as human beings that need love and care. It's disappointing to see a country validate racial profiling and murder. The prosecution let the victim be tried and not the murderer. We can rise above that, as we have had to do for so many years. But rise we shall. This is not the end by any means. Public outcry will demand better laws. God will restore order. The righteous will not go without some kind of justice being done. God hears our prayers.
God knows when we are out of sorts. When we seem to backslide and not know what to do. God is there to sit with us and help us find our way out. When we believe that we are too old for a relationship. Our time has past and we will be just like the elders on the elders row, alone. I know I am as much to blame as you and I place the blame smack dab on me, but it doesnt make it any better. I just couldnt see you leaving where you are and I couldnt see me coming into where you are. Seeing as how its against the laws of the church. So where did that really leave us? That's why I feel hopeless. You have fought so hard to be where you are now. You have achieved so much for the community. Who knows what else you will achieve. This is not the end for you. There had to be sacrafice along the way. Love happened though. Love doesn't play by the rules. It breaks my heart to hope for more. I never want to say I have given up and moved on. But what is there to do? Keep dreaming and keep believing. You know so much about me and yet not enough. Dr King had a wife and family and he was a great man too. I feel like I'm begging for something that you may or maynot want. I feel like I'm wanting more but maybe you are not ready for that. Look at me say that and I am the one not talking. See, How Crazy is That!
God is good and through prayer and fasting the answers will come. Pray daily. Give God the honor. Show my love on a daily basis. This will get better before it gets worse. We will succeed. There is hope for the hopeless. So I send this out into the void, not knowing if it makes sense to you, if I made you mad, if you will ignore it, should I keep writing to you, does it make a difference, what is the real story. Questions, questions, questions, never any answers. Just keep believing.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive