Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Good Morning

 

Exodus 3:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Hosea 14:2-4

New International Version (NIV)
Take words with you
    and return to the Lord.
Say to him:
    “Forgive all our sins
and receive us graciously,
    that we may offer the fruit of our lips.[a]
Assyria cannot save us;
    we will not mount warhorses.
We will never again say ‘Our gods’
    to what our own hands have made,
    for in you the fatherless find compassion.”
“I will heal their waywardness
    and love them freely,
    for my anger has turned away from them.
 

Good Morning  Lord. I love knowing that I am on your agenda today. You have me on your list of things to do today. You made plans to wake me today. To continue to give breathe to me. To allow me to interact one more day in your world. you are my delight. Lord, I am in awe of your grace and mercy. I wonder how can you really love me, and you let me know I am special to you. I am on your radar and you want to know everything about me. Then when you find out, you are still there. Lord you are encouraging me daily. My praise for you is forever in my heart and mind.  I know your constant love and attention is to keep me falling in love with you daily. I will trust you daily. My heart and my mind and my soul are yours. I'm a work in progress, but I am your work in progress. You are my heart's desire and I will continue to honor you, praise you and love you. Nothing will change that. Lord, you are watching over us during these challenging times.
Watch over our leaders. Our school system is in serious need. The turmoil has given way to lots of upset. The children are the ones who need to come out winners. In one month we will be back in school, in a system that is continuing to display dividedness and distrust. How can children and their families trust the union or the board? Continued layoffs, closing large numbers of schools, parents not kept in the know about what to expect. At what point are we able to say, OK, enough, let's begin to rebuild. There just seems to be down size, protest, close, downsize, protest, close. This cycle seems to have no end. Where are the children in all of this? Looking at the examples of the adults in the situation and responding the same way. God, I pray that it is better, it just seems to be so chaotic. When will it stabilize, when can we stop the bleeding? It was inevitable that closing 50 schools was going to result in massive layoffs. Now the union is protesting and marching, again. When are people going to move forward for the children? Who is the wise one in this situation, I just don't know. Lord I pray for a light at the end of this tunnel. This week we will have a career fair. I'm sure it will be packed. I will go with faith and hope in my heart and mind. I will try not to be negative about the situation. So few things to be positive about in this situation, but positive we must be. Lord I pray for the right job and the right situation with the right people. Place me where I am suppose to be. Surround me with your love Lord. Keep me near you. When I mess up, keep me close so I can fix it and get it right. Keep me close to you Lord.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive